This page provides information on transport and travel for organising activities and events. There are a number of elements to think about, including how many are travelling, what type of transport is appropriate, how long will the journey take and how much will it cost.
* Walking: If it's close to the university then walking is the best option (It's free too..!).
* Public Transport: You may need to book in advance if it's a group.
* Private Vehicle: Students can use their own vehicles for travel, however, each driver should check with their insurance company that they are covered for student activities.
* Hire Drive Vehicle: The Students' Association has access to hire drive vehicles, including vans, cars, people carriers and minibuses. Clubs and Societies generally do not need to pay for the hire of vehicles but do need to replace the fuel used or be charged at a cost of 30p per mile. If you'd like to book a vehicle complete the form below.
* Coach/ Bus Hire: If there is a big group of students travelling, perhaps the best option is to hire a coach, to get a quote for this complete the form below. Subsidies are available from the Students' Association to help with the cost of the booking. Email [email protected] to find out more about booking a coach/ bus.
Driving one of the Students Associations hired vehicles (up to 8 passenger seats):
To drive a hired vehicle on activities you must have a full UK driving licence, have been driving for a minimum of 1 year and must register for insurance purposes, bring both parts of your licence (card and paper) to the Students Association Room NH211.
Driving a Minibus (up to 13 passenger seats):
To drive a minibus on activities you must be a volunteer, be over 21, have full UK driving licence, 2 years driving experience and you must also complete the minibus driver training, click on the link for more information. NB The driver will need to bring both parts of their licence (card and paper) to the Minibus Driver Training.
Please give 1 weeks notice, confirmation should be sent to you within 3 working days.